Advanced equine emergency and
When equine veterinarians and horse owners in Southeastern Wisconsin and Northeastern Illinois need emergency or specialized treatment for a horse, day or night, they can now come to the new UW / Morrie Waud Equine Center.
The Center is affiliated with the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine and offers complete and technologically advanced diagnostic, surgical, and treatment facilities. The staff includes three veterinary doctors, certified technicians, and has the support of the many equine specialists at the University of Wisconsin - Madison School of Veterinary Medicine.
Emergency services are available 24/7. Digital radiographs and ultrasound images can be transmitted to veterinarians for immediate consultation. Around-the-clock emergency and critical care monitoring is available, and the large surgical suites include full viewing bays.
Referring veterinarians and horse owners can expect prompt and detailed communication regarding our patients and, following release, all clients receive follow-up contact from the Center.
Designed, equipped and staffed for advanced equine practice.
- We now offer the new IRAP procedure for treating osteoarthritis.
- Shockwave Therapy.
- New Digital Radiography and Digital Ultrasound.
- 24-hour laboratory: CBC, chemistry panel, blood gases, electrolytes, fluid analysis and cytology.
- In-patient equine pharmacy
- On-site specialist consultations for Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology and Dentistry.
- Advanced equine laparoscopy, arthroscopy and endoscopy equipment including a 3-meter scope for gastroscopy.
- Large outdoor paddocks and exercise areas.
- Indoor arena for lameness evaluation.
- Advanced corrective and therapeutic farrier services.